But I digress. Why did I take off for almost two years?
So many reasons actually. Sometimes the things you have to do take precedence over the things that you want to do. And then other things that you want to do pop up and you have to take advantage.
Long story short...Jane got tabled. (That sounds sexual...I swear it's not.)
But I was really really really busy. Pinky swear. To wit...
- I took the Princess to Europe for 2 weeks. Italy and Germany. There's at least one or 15 blogs in there somewhere.
- I got back together with the Boy....which actually happened about 0.5 seconds after I stopped writing Jane. Completely unrelated. I think. (Actually, it was the Boy who told me that I should start writing Jane again. However, I suspect that it had more to do with the fact that the day after I turned in my masters thesis, I was all "I'm booooooooooooooored" in my best whiny Fran Drescher voice.)
- They found a tumor in my neck and I had to have surgery. It was benign and everything, but I think it might be worth some future commentary and/or a public service announcement.
- I discovered that going back to school is WAY UNFUN! But it's also almost over. I just have to defend my thesis next month. And I will do everything necessary to defend the damn thing - even if it involves boxing gloves or lightsabers or those way cool flaming swords I just saw on Game of Thrones. May the force be with me.
- I worked. I drank. I survived another year(s) of teenage angst. I went to a bunch of baseball games. I only have FIVE more baseball stadiums to visit to before I have them all.
So read it, or don't, but I promise not to go out for cigarettes for awhile. I'm afraid of Jerry Brown.