Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
(I should probably mention that I wasn't great at tag as a kid. Some kid would come up and whap me on the shoulder and say "YOU'RE IT" and I would say "ok" and then just stand there. Obviously, not much has changed.)
So I emptied out my monster bag and looked at the contents.
And it wasn't all that interesting.
What does this say about me? Quite possibly that I just have too much shit in my purse.
Let's break it down, shall we?
(1) Two iPhones. (Yes, two. One for work and one for not work. I believe in separation of church and state.)
(2) Ear buds for iPhone because you can't hold your phone and drive and talk and put on lip gloss and change the radio station at the same time in California. So if you put in ear buds, you can drive and talk and put on lip gloss and change the radio station at the same time and that is completely legal and ok.
(3) Bottle of Advil. Because my life requires Advil and I like to rattle when I walk.
(4) Mexican restaurant brochure that was handed to me by random street guy that presumably works for said Mexican restaurant.
(5) Hair spray. Duh.
(6) Business card holder. Not that my job is awesome or important enough to require business cards, but I like to have them on hand to put in glass fish bowls at local restaurants so I can "Win a Free Lunch!" I've never won. I think this could be a wide spread scam. Dateline should definitely investigate.
(7) Tiffany's jewelry pouch which came with Valentine's Day present from the Boy. Not sure why pouch is still in my purse. Not sure Valentine's Day present was actually from Tiffany's. Just sayin'.
(8) Business card from sales person in Louis Vuitton. Just looking.
(9) Three pens. I steal hotel pens. Don't judge.
(10) Wallet, tissues, ponytail band, checks (do people still write checks?), and fortune cookie fortune from three months ago.
(11) Way cool electric blue iPod Nano purchased on Sunday to replace poor, sad, broken iPod Classic that died right after I tried to upload Neil Diamond song. May be a connection there.
(12) ClubBev! membership card. No explanation needed.
(13) Lip gloss, three lip balms, two eye liners, hand lotion, perfume, hand sanitizer, deodorant, mints and plastic baggie for all of the aforementioned in case I get a call on the Bat-Phone and have to go through airport security on a moment's notice.
(14) Memo book for super-fly blog ideas or grocery store lists. Actually contains only grocery store lists.
(15) One open DayQuil packet. Left over from Florida debacle.
(16) Ritz Carlton pillow chocolate from A MONTH AGO. Possibly provided by Ritz Carlton as consolation prize for not having porn.
(17) Motrin packet. (See also Florida debacle.)
(18) Gas-X. For those special times when I'm shopping for greeting cards (and if you don't already know this story - forget it - I'm not repeating it).
(19) Movie receipt from Alice in Wonderland. Trippy.
(20) Face blotters that don't really work but I carry them JUST IN CASE I am ever confronted with an emergency face-blotting situation.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
If you’re sweet to the official-looking “bar guard guy," he will let you sneak your drink out of the bar prison. Just don’t then get caught on national TV with a big ol’ cup of wine in your hand (true story…oops).
Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I just ordered the same Vince top in khaki - which I think will actually work a little better. You can easily substitute the black booties for pumps.
I really don't know why I felt the need to take the picture in this exact place. I guess I wanted to show off my super cool electrical outlet. Jealous?
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Now you may wonder how the cat makes it's picks. I'm not quite sure about this myself. My brother says it has something to do with purring and picking all the low seeds.
Regardless, up until today, I was getting my ass handed to me by the cat.
I like to take a more scientific approach to my picks. One year I chose based on superior mascot, another year on locations that I would most like to visit. My mother, I think, choses her teams based on "prettiest uniforms."
This year it was all about the coin-flip.
I flipped a coin for every pick. Heads for the higher seed, tails for the lower.
And I'm in second place bitches!
Granted this probably won't last long. The coin decided unwisely that Robert Morris was going to the final four.
The coin says "Go Xavier".
The cat is goin' DOWN!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
The Boy bought me this bracelet after watching me practically lick the jewelry case in the J Crew store. I love it paired with my Timex military watch, jeans, a t-shirt and ballet flats.
Speaking of ballet flats…these Lanvin flats are quite possibly the best shoes I’ve ever owned – and the best Christmas present EVER. I wear them constantly. The ankle strap keeps the shoe from having a tough elastic band that cuts into your heel and looks cute with cropped jeans.
I mentioned my obsession with Me & Ro jewelry a couple of weeks ago. When I was in Miami last week, I stopped by their very tiny, very cute store in the Shore Club on South Beach…and I walked out EMPTY HANDED. First time ever.
BUT, here are a few pieces that I have purchased there on past visits which make me very very happy.
PROMISED POO-RELATED ANNOUNCEMENT...
Poofdrops are in da house! Clinical trial about to begin!
Clinical trial readiness phase – eating bran and Activia.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Speaking of fun and interesting...let's talk gas stations.
Residents of Key Biscayne are evidently so forgetful that local gas station owners have been forced to remind customers that one must REMOVE THE GAS HOSE FROM THE CAR after one is done pumping gas.
But this is obviously a problem in Key Biscayne, and it's enough of a problem that it requires a sign. Many gas stations have signs warning of a horrible death if you use your cell phone while pumping gas. Not here. That's too complex. Maybe the Key Biscayne Jaguar/golf cart drivers forget that they are at a gas station...or alive for that matter. Maybe they just doze off while gas is pumping.
Which brings us to our next station...
The ever-popular gas station/orthodontist/sleep apnea specialist.
If they have drive-thru service, it might be the coolest idea EVER!
I love Florida.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
No, seriously...let me explain.
So I'm in Key Biscayne, Florida for a business meeting - at the Ritz-Carlton. Yes, I know...I SWEAR...real business-y things happen in Key Biscayne...at the Ritz-Carlton. Things besides Eliot Spitzer-type things. (Get it out of the gutter, people.)
Friday, March 12, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Off to Florida! My hopes for this trip....more baseball, more Boy, less Nyquil.